- Dr. Pascal Dowling, B.Sc.(Hons), M.Phil., Ph.D.
- Specialized Professional
- Research Interests:
Existing research interests: Neuro- and psycho-pharmacology, drug design, ADMET (PK), novel receptor validation, Orphan GPCRs, in-vivo model design for industry, stem cells, addiction, neurodegeneration and pain.
***** Experience in following clinical research fields: Ageing of PNS and CNS, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, RLS, schizophrenia, memory, pain.
***** Other strong interests: Global pharmaceutical markets, drug discovery & development in Pharma/Biotech, and cross-over of Consumer/FMCG models.
***** Current interests: Global medical affairs, medical marketing, medical communications, strategic medical business development, KOL segmentation & perceptual mapping, MSL training, HEOR, RWE, emerging markets, data-analysis, seamless IT system integration, CRM and HCP platform designs, project design and people management. ****
- Max Planck Society, British Neuroscience Association, German Neuroscience Society.
- About pdowling:
- A British national who initially trained in the UK as a pharmacologist (B.Sc. (Hons)), and later obtaining research experience in Neuroscience in the UK (M.Phil) and Germany (Ph.D). Many areas within the scientific subjects of Chemistry, Biology and Physics interest me. Over the years I have been fortunate to gain considerable insight into a broad range of scientific disciplines, ranging from ageing, pain, drug design, receptor target validation, pre-clinical model design and neurological conditions, including Alzheimer's, Parkinson's disease and RLS.
Through an extensive scientific training, I have transferred analytical methods to the medical affairs and marketing arenas of both the consumer and pharmaceutical industries.
My KOL network experience extends to working with neurologists, dermatologists, gynaecologists and paediatricians on an international level.
- Publications in PubMed
- Klinker F, Hasan K, Dowling P, Paulus W, Liebetanz D. Dopamine D(3) receptor deficiency sensitizes mice to iron deficiency-related deficits in motor learning. Behavioural brain research 2011. DOI:10.1016/j.bbr.2011.02.022.
- Dowling, P. Impact of iron-deficiency upon behaviour and protein expression in the male mouse with implications for Restless Legs Syndrome. Biology. Vol Ph.D. Göttingen: Georg-August University Göttingen, 2009: 148.
Dowling, P. Age Related Changes in Preganglionic and Postganglionic Neurons in the Major Pelvic Ganglion of the Male Rat. Neuroscience. Vol M.Phil. Cardiff University, 2005.
- History of Education and Employment
- 2011 Medical Marketing Manager
L'Oreal, Medical Division, Düsseldorf, Germany
Brands: Dermocosmetic (VICHY), Nutritional (INNEOV - L'Oreal & Nestle)
2010 Post-Doctorate in Pharmacology
Max-Planck-Institute for Heart & Lung Research, Department of Pharmacology, Bad Nauheim, Germany
2009 Post-Doctorate in Neurobiology
University Medical Centre, Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Göttingen, Germany
2006-2009 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Neuroscience
Georg-August-University, Göttingen, Germany
2006 Post-graduate Researcher - Neurobiology (Stem cells - Parkinson's disease model)
Max-Planck-Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen, Germany
2004-2005 Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Neuroscience
Cardiff University, The Neuroscience Group, Cardiff, UK
2002-2004 ICON Development Solutions (Phase 1 CRO)
Manchester Science Park, Manchester, UK
2001-2004 Bachelor of Science (BSc Honours) in Pharmacology
University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
1999-2001 A-Levels: Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics
Truro College, Cornwall, UK
This user hasn't posted any Pubcasts or Videos yet.