- Eli Kirsch
- Masters Student
- Los Angeles, California USA
- Research Interests:
Evolution, Molecular Genetics, Theoretical Biology, Self Assembly, Biochemistry, Philosophy of Science
- California State University Los Angeles
- About hsrikm:
- I hold a B.A. in the Natural Sciences from the Johns Hopkins University and a PhD in Biochemistry (CUNY 1986). My thesis work involved the measurement of deoxyuridine in the DNA various tissues of mice in order to determine if the spontaneous conversion of cytosine to uracil is a potential source of spontaneous mutation. I am interested in the concept of information in biological systems and nature, evolution, means of evolution, as a product of natural processes that are governed by the laws of nature. I am especially interested in the concept of DNA as a phenomenon unique in nature, unique to life alone and how (if?) this situation might be accomodated to exist within existing conceptual frameworks of nature and natural law.
I currently take courses in philosophy and anthropology at the California State University Los Angeles.
- Publications in PubMed
- Kirsh M, Dembinski DR, Hartman PE, Miller CG. Salmonella typhimurium peptidase active on carnosine. Journal of bacteriology 1978 134(2).
- Kirsh ME, Cutler RG, Hartman PE. Absence of deoxyuridine and 5-hydroxymethyldeoxyuridine in the DNA from three tissues of mice of various ages. Mechanisms of ageing and development 1986 35(1).
- Kirsh, Marvin, E., 2008, "Induction, Space, and Positive Ethics", Ludus Vitalis vol 30 2009
Kirsh, Marvin, E., 2009, "Anthropology and Parallelism : The Individual as a Universal" International Journal of Sociology and
Anthropology Vol. 1(7) pp. 112-115, November, 2009 Available online http://www.academicjournals.org/ijsa
Kirsh, Marvin, E., 2010 "Uniqueness, Self belonging and Intercourse in Nature" Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbrücken, Germany
Kirsh, Marvin, 2011, Evolution at the Surface of Euclid:Elements of a Long Infinity in Motion Along Space, International Journal of Arts
and Sciences 4(2): 71-96
Kirsh, Marvin, E., Science, the Virtual and the Actual:A Real Stand-off, International Journal of Science in Society,Vol 2, 2011. forthcoming.
- History of Education and Employment
- Graduate Student Department of Anthropology California State University Los Angeles 10/2006-present
Ph.D Biochemistry The City University of New York 1986
B.A. Natural Sciences The Johns Hopkins University 1972