- Chagas Disease Multidisciplinary Research Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, University of Brasilia, Brazil
- Research Interests:
Pathogenesis of autoimmune diseases
- About Antonio Teixeira:
- Full Professor and Head, Chagas Disease Multidisciplinary Research Laboratory
1. Teixeira, A.R.L., Hecht, M.M. Guimaro, M. C. Sousa, A.O., Nitz, N. The pathogenesis of Chagas Disease. Parasite persistence and autoimmunity. Clinical Microbiology Review, 24 (issue 3) July 11, 2011.
2. Teixeira, A. R. L.; Gomes, Clever; Nitz, Nadjar; Sousa, Alessandro O. ; Alves, Rozeneide M.; Guimaro, Maria C.; Cordeiro, Ciro; Bernal, Francisco M.; Rosa, Ana C.; Hejnar, Jiri; Leonardecz, Eduardo; Hecht, Mariana M. Trypanosoma cruzi in the Chicken Model: Chagas-Like Heart Disease in the Absence of Parasitism. Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, v. 5, p. e1000, 2011.
3. Costa, Camila M.; Sousa, Marcelo V.; Ricart, Carlos André O. ; Santana, Jaime M.; Teixeira, Antonio R.L.; Roepstorff, Peter; Charneau, Sébastien. 2-DE-based proteomic investigation of the saliva of the Amazonian triatomine vectors of Chagas disease: Rhodnius brethesi and Rhodnius robustus. Journal of Proteomics, 2011.
4. Bussacos, Ana C.; Nakayasu, E. S.; Hecht, Mariana M.; Assumpção, T. C. F.; Parente. J. A.; Soares, C. M. A.; Santana, Jaime M.; Almeida, I. C.; Teixeira, A.R.L. Redundancy of proteins in the salivary glands of Panstrongylus megistus secures prolonged procurement for blood meals. Journal of Proteomics, 2011.
5. HECHT, M. M.; N, N.; Araujo, PF; SOUSA, Alessandro Oliveira de; ROSA, AC; GOMES, D. A.; Leonardecz, E; TEIXEIRA, A. R. L.. Inheritance of DNA transferred from Trypanosoma cruzi to human hosts. Plos One, v. 5, p. e9181, 2010.
6. Teixeira, Antonio R. L.; GOMES, Clever ; Lozzi, Silene P. ; Hecht, Mariana M. ; Rosa, Ana de Cássia ; Monteiro, Pedro S.; BUSSACOS, Ana Carolina ; NITZ, Nadjar ; McManus, Concepta . Environment, interactions between Trypanosoma cruzi and its host, and health. Cadernos de Saúde Pública (ENSP. Impresso), v. 25, p. S32-S44, 2009.
- History of Education and Employment
- Antonio R. L. Teixeira received his MD degree from the Faculty of Medicine of the Federal University of Bahia, Brazil. He was a Research Fellow in Pathology at the New York Hospital, Cornell University Medical College. He trained at the L” Institut d’Imunogénétique et Cancerologie in Villejuif, France, and received his PhD Degree in Pathology from the Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil. Dr. Teixeira is Full Professor of Parasitology at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Brasilia. The main research interest is the pathogenesis of the human Chagas disease.