- Ganesh Bagler
- Berlin, Germany
- Research Interests:
Mathematical Modeling of Biological Systems, Computational Biology, Protein Structure Modeling, Complex Systems, Complex Networks, Systems Biology, Computational Neuroscience.
- Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics
- About gansbags:
- A physicist and computational scientist by training and started exploring biological systems from my PhD days. My PhD research involved modeling of biological systems as complex networks. Specifically, I modeled protein structures as complex networks of interacting residues and discovered that protein structures are characterized by "assortative mixing". Apart from biological systems, I in general interested in complex systems and complex networks modeling. After working in the filed of computational neuroscience for a while, I am back to modeling protein structures.
- Publications in PubMed
- Bagler G, Sinha S. Assortative mixing in Protein Contact Networks and protein folding kinetics. Bioinformatics (Oxford, England) 2007 23(14). DOI:10.1093/bioinformatics/btm257.
- Ganesh Bagler and Somdatta Sinha, “Assortative mixing in protein Contact Networks and protein folding kinetics”, Bioinformatics, vol. 23, no. 14, 1760—1767 (2007).
Ganesh Bagler and Somdatta Sinha, "Network properties of protein Structures", Physica A, 346, 27-33 (2005).
Ganesh Bagler, "Analysis of Airport Network Network of India as a Complex Weighted Network", Physica A, Vol 387, Issue 12, pp. 2972--2980 (2008).
Ganesh Bagler, "Complex network view of performance and risks on airport networks", Nova Science Publishers, USA (2008).
Ganesh Bagler and Somdatta Sinha, "The Role of Host Migration on Host-Parasite Population Dynamics", in Proceedings of the Second Conference on Nonlinear Systems and Dynamics, 37-40 (2005).
Hemant Dixit, Ganesh Bagler, and Somdatta Sinha, "Modelling the Host-Parasite Interaction", in Proceedings of the First Conference on Nonlinear Systems and Dynamics, 321-324 (2003).
- History of Education and Employment
Company : Max-Planck-Insitute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin
Duration : Oct 2008 - Till Date
Designation : Research Fellow
Job Profile : Conducting original research in computational biology, protein science; to model protein structures and attempt to obtain their 3D reconstructions. I use network theory and other necessary computational tools for exploring structure and dynamics of proteins.
Company : National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bangalore
Duration : Jul 2007 - Sep 2008
Designation : Post-Doctoral Fellow
Job Profile : Conducting original research in computational neuroscience; to model neuronal structures using computational tools.
PhD : Ph.D/Doctorate (Computational Biology) from Jawahar Lal Nehru University (JNU) in 2007
PG 02 : M.Tech (Computational Techniques) from Hyderabad University in 2002
PG 01 : MSc in Physics from Pune University in Year 1999
UG : B.Sc (Physics) from Shivaji University, Maharasthra in 1997
This user hasn't posted any Pubcasts or Videos yet.