- Jason Bechtel
- La Jolla, California, USA
- Research Interests:
infectious diseases, reverse vaccinology, neglected tropical diseases, diseases of global importance, developing-world research on endemic diseases, open source and free software for bioinformatics, exon-intron structure of genes, alternative splicing and RNA secondary structure
- UCSD Bioinformatics and Systems Biology PhD program
- Publications in PubMed
- Bechtel JM, Rajesh P, Ilikchyan I, Deng Y, Mishra PK, Wang Q, Wu X, Afonin KA, Grose WE, Wang Y, Khuder S, Fedorov A. The Alternative Splicing Mutation Database: a hub for investigations of alternative splicing using mutational evidence. BMC research notes 2008 1. DOI:10.1186/1756-0500-1-3.
- History of Education and Employment
- University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA (Bioinformatics & Systems Biology) - Ph.D. (in progress)
University of Toledo - Health Science Campus, Toledo, OH (Bioinformatics) - M.S.B.S. (2008)
Albert-Ludwigs Universität Freiburg, Germany - Bioinformatics Practicum (2001)
University of Toledo, Toledo, OH (Computer Science & Engineering) - B.S., with Honors (2000)
Ursinus College, Collegeville, PA (Computer Science major) - 1995-96
This user hasn't posted any Pubcasts or Videos yet.