- Pär Bjelkmar
- PhD Student
- Center for Biomembrane Research, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Stockholm Univerisity
- Research Interests:
Voltage-gated ion channel (VGIC) gating mechanisms, free energy calculations in the context of drug discovery (in particular aimed at VGICs), evolution of ion channels, molecular dynamics simulations, GROMACS.
- Center for Biomembrane Research.
- About bjelkmar:
- Hello, I'm a PhD student in Erik Lindahl's lab at the Center for Biomembrane Research (www.cbr.su.se), Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, at Stockholm University, Sweden. My research interest is within the field of theoretical models of ion channel function and drug discovery, using molecular modeling and simulation in particular.
- Publications in PubMed
- Bjelkmar P, Niemelä PS, Vattulainen I, Lindahl E. Conformational Changes and Slow Dynamics through Microsecond Polarized Atomistic Molecular Simulation of an Integral Kv1.2 Ion Channel. PLoS computational biology 2009 5(2). DOI:10.1371/journal.pcbi.1000289.
- Sällström B, Arnaout RA, Davids W, Bjelkmar P, Andersson SG. Protein evolutionary rates correlate with expression independently of synonymous substitutions in Helicobacter pylori. Journal of molecular evolution 2006 62(5). DOI:10.1007/s00239-005-0104-5.
- History of Education and Employment
- M Sc Bioinformatics engineering, Uppsala University.
Degree project in Prof. Andrew Pohorille's group at the NASA Ames research center.
Project work in Prof. Siv Andersson's lab at the department of Molecular Evolution, Uppsala University.
This user hasn't posted any Pubcasts or Videos yet.