1. Login to SciVee (if you don't have an account already you can create one at: http://www.scivee.tv/user/register)
2. Proceed through the upload process for a video or SciveeCast. The opportunity to create a community will be presented as part of the upload process.
3. If you have already completed your video or SciveeCast, then go to your Account on SciVee and click the Edit link. This will take you to the Edit page of your video. Scroll down and click the Create a Community button.
The "Submit Community" page will appear and there is a form to fill out some basic information about your community and an upload image option to sort of brand your community. After filling that out, just scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "submit" and your community will be created.
To make your community private, choose from one of the three last community options listed under "Subscription requests" (Choose one based on the level of privacy you prefer for your community):
- moderated - subscription requests must be approved
- invite only - subscriptions must be created by an administrator
- closed - subscriptions are fully administered by an administrator
After creating your private community, you can either upload the videos you want associated to your community or you can navigate to videos that already exist on the site and associate them to your community.
NOTE: If you would like videos uploaded privately and then associated with your community privately, you can do this at the time of the video upload. Learn how to upload a video, pubcast or postercast privately.
Once a video is uploaded privately, it can be associated with your private community by designating the allowed community in the video "edit" page. Learn how to give a community private access to your privately posted video
Cant find what you need, or have a suggestion? E-mail us!